Scrappy Improv Quilting - 22 Mini Quilts to Make with Easy Piecing
Create one-of-a-kind scrappy masterpieces!
- Complete guide breaks down the improvisation quilting technique on a smaller scale to make it more approachable
- 22 mini quilt designs that allow you to test various ideas using scraps, resulting in adorable little quilts that are great for gifting and decorating
- Step-by-step instructions and coordinating photography for improv piecing, with tutorials on selecting and combining scraps
- Over 300 photos, illustrations, and diagrams to take you through every project and technique
- For any skill level, perfect for both beginner and advanced quilters to practice your skills and gain the confidence to try larger improv quilts
- Author Kelly Young is a talented quilter, designer, owner of My Quilt Infatuation, and author of Stash Statement
Grab your scrap collection and learn the versatile and playful technique of structured improvisation!
Scrappy Improv Quilting is the first quilting book of its kind: It takes the intimidating technique of improv piecing and breaks it down to a smaller scale, making it a must-have how-to resource for quilters of every skill level!
With a charming collection of 22 mini quilt patterns, detailed step-by-step instructions on improv piecing, coordinating diagrams, insightful tips and tricks on how to select and combine scraps, and a helpful opening section on tools and techniques, this accessible project book will allow you the freedom to test various ideas using scraps of different colors and patterns, resulting in adorable little quilts that are perfect for decorating and gifting! Over 300 photos, diagrams, and illustrations include stunning photography of each completed quilt project.
Try all these fun stash-busting, small-scale projects:
Up, Up, and Away
Face the Sun
Birds of a Feather
Standards with a Twist:
Churn, Churn, Churn
All Dressed Up